Our forklift training course is designed to provide individuals with the knowledge and skills necessary to operate a forklift safely and efficiently in a range of workplace settings. It covers a range of topics related to forklift operation, including safety procedures, equipment maintenance, and load handling techniques.
- Legal and safety requirements for forklift operation, including relevant legislation and guidelines
- Forklift components, including engine systems, hydraulic systems, and controls
- Pre-operation checks, including visual inspections and functional checks
- Load handling techniques, including pallet handling, stacking, and unloading
- Safe driving practices, including steering, braking, and reversing
- Hazard recognition and avoidance, including understanding of workplace hazards and how to minimize risks
- Equipment maintenance and upkeep, including battery care, refueling, and record keeping
The course includes both theoretical and practical components, including hands-on training in forklift operation and maintenance. Participants will learn how to operate a forklift safely and efficiently, understand the hazards associated with forklift operation, and perform pre-operation checks and routine maintenance.
Who Is This Course Intended For? The course is intended for novice operators of either counterbalance or reach forklift trucks.
The course includes both theoretical and practical assessments to evaluate the understanding and practical skills of the participants.
Upon successful completion of the forklift course, participants will receive a certificate of completion and be able to operate a forklift safely and effectively in a range of workplace settings.
Number of Participants: 3
Course dates: This course is available for booking by Private groups exclusively. Refresher Training and Advanced Training also available. For more information visit the HSA website.
To book Forklift training please contact us on +353 (0)21 206 6006 or email email@example.com