FOLEY Safety Solutions is a leading provider of Cardiac First Responder (CFR) courses. Furthermore, we provide both public and Private courses regularly all over Ireland
Upcoming course dates & locations:
- 15th of April, 9am – 1pm, in Ballymount, Dublin
Pricing per course attendee: € 185
Call +353 (0)21 206 6006 . Alternatively, you can email email@example.com to secure your spot!
This 4 hour Cardiac First Responder (CFR) course delivered by Foley Safety Solutions provides you with the essential knowledge and skills necessary to provide immediate assistance to a person who has suffered a cardiac arrest, this includes use of the defibrillator. As well as, other life-threatening heart conditions.
The following topics are covered in the CFR course:
First Module: Basic Emergency Care
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and defibrillation
- Obvious signs of death and when resuscitation is not indicated
- Heart attack, Stroke, Cardiac arrest and Choking
- FAST assessment (Face, Arms, Speech & Time assessment)
- One-responder and two-responder CPR Resuscitation
- Management of a choking patient who is responsive and then becomes unresponsive
- Aspirin (acetylsalicylic acid) 300 mg tablet administration for cardiac chest pain as per the PHECC Clinical Practice Guidelines
- Post resuscitation care management for patients following return of normal spontaneous breathing
- Steps of AED operation
- Functions of an automated external defibrillator (AED)
- When to use an AED
- Safety precautions for using an AED
- Steps to check and maintain an AED
- The links in the chain of survival
- Importance of calling 112/ 999
- How using a RED Card (Request Emergency Dispatch card) can enhance communication
- Elements of scene safety
- Benefits of an explicit handover, including documentation as appropriate, between Responders and healthcare professionals
- Roles of the Cardiac First Response (CFR) report and the benefits of collecting information for the out of hospital cardiac arrest register (OHCAR)
- Patient confidentiality
Certification: PHECC Cardiac First Responder Course CFR Course valid for 2 years
The course includes both theoretical and practical components, including hands-on training in CPR, AED use. As well as other important cardiac first response techniques. Participants will learn how to recognize the signs and symptoms of cardiac arrest and other heart conditions. In addition, they will learn how to respond quickly and effectively to provide lifesaving assistance.
Who Is This Course Intended For? Personnel who wish to become certified providing Cardiac First Responders [CFR] to patients requiring treatment.
Upon successful completion of the CFR course, attendees will be able to provide immediate care to a person experiencing a cardiac emergency This includes administering CPR, using an AED, and managing the person’s airway and breathing. On successful completion, attendees will receive a PHECC certificate that is valid for two years.
Duration: 4 hours
Participants: Up to 6 participants
There is no specific entry criterion including a minimum age for undertaking the course. However, a course participant should be mature enough to comprehend the knowledge, skills and implications associated with defibrillation and have a maturity to complete assessment to receive certification
Want to arrange training for a private group? Contact us today! View all information on our public or private refresher courses are click HERE. For more information on PHECC courses contact them here.
To book Cardiac First Responder [CFR] training please call +353 (0)21 206 6006 or email firstname.lastname@example.org